Saturday, May 23, 2009

37 Days Left!

I almost died today! (Not really) 

Today we did the Pacific Crest bicycle portion on a computrainer; which is a computer program that adjusts resistance of a stationary bike according to what the actual course will be like. We did 28.2 miles! 

My hamstrings were tight so I did my first ice bath... which was painful.
























Tomorrow we are going back into the lake for more open water swim practice. Wish me luck!

A big thank you to April and all her friends and family who have donated this week! Thank you to  Marla, April, Paul, Margaret, and Lisa, for bringing me another step closer to my LLS funraising goal!

To help raise money to find the cure for blood cancers please make a donation on my donation website: http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/pctri09/mtimmermann
A donation of $25 will be so helpful and very much appreciated! 

Throughout all this training I have had a lot of time to think about sacrifices. For those of you who know me well, you know that I do not like to get up in the morning. =) Waking up at 6 am to jump into freezing cold water is not something I enjoy doing. But I realize that it is a small sacrifice on my part to help those suffering from cancer undertake bigger sacrifices. It is not easy to undergo many of the treatments available today, and then there is always the chance that it will not be enough . LLS strives to continue research so that we have a better means of fighting cancer, so that survival rates will go up and to someday produce less destructive treatments. This is the goal for which I am trying to raise money. I cannot do it own my own which is why I am asking for the support of my family and friends. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I ask that you also make a small sacrifice to help in the battle against cancer by donating now!

Thank you and God Bless,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment